How to enter North Cyprus with the right Visa options, requirements and processes

As soon as you decide to acquire a private or a commercial immovable property the next question you might have is what are the visa requirements to come to Northern Cyprus in order to enjoy your property. In this blog post we are going to cover visa types, requirements and their process of obtaining.

1) How many days Visa on arrival is granted?

The visa options vary from 30 days, 60 days up to 90 days depending on the purpose of your visit. The reason must be declared and proven upon your arrival and it is important to have proof that you will leave the country within the specified period and fulfil other conditions in the Regulation (see Visa types granted by the TRNC A).

The length of stay granted cannot exceed 90 days within a period of 180 days without a residency permit. No visa is required from those who have legal residence status or have a residence permit exemption.

Important Note: Check the Expiry date of your passport!

The regulations on Residence Permits and Visas, which entered into force on 23 October 2019, states that the citizens of the countries that have a representative office in the TRNC and the citizens of the EU countries must have a passport valid for at least 2 months and the citizens of the other countries must have a passport valid for at least 6 months to be able to apply a visa upon arrival.

 2) What are the Visa types granted by Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus?

A) Tourist visa for people who come to Northern Cyprus for a touristic visit and will stay in a hotel or another accommodation facility and those who rented a dwelling for this
purpose and declare this, can be issued a visa for a maximum 30 days. However, if they
can submit documents showing that a prior payment has been made for accommodation, a visa up to 90 days may be granted. A visa up to 60 days can be granted to those who arrives in the country for the purpose of family/ relative visit and stay in relative’s house. A visa up to 90 days may be issued to those who come for official visits, business meetings, conferences, seminars, meetings, festivals, fairs, exhibitions, sporting events, cultural and artistic events, health tourism and similar purposes.

B) Work Permit Visa- granted for a period of 30 days to foreigners who have come to the country with preliminary permit in accordance with the Law on Work Permits of
The citizens of the countries who does not have an embassy, consulate or
another representative office in the TRNC are required to have a passport valid for at
least 2 years to be able to apply for a visa.

C) Business Establishment Visa foreigners who come to the country for the purpose of
starting a business can be issued a visa for a period of 30 days provided that they have
the fund to start a business.


D) Residence Permit VisaThe following types of visas may be issued to foreigners who will enter the country in order to apply for one of the residence permits:

  • Visa for Family Residence Permit- foreigners who will apply for a family
    residence permit can be given a visa for this purpose up to 90 days upon their
  • Visa due to Ownership of Immovable Property- a visa can be issued up to 90
    days for those who have a title deed document indicating that they own an
    immovable property.
  • Visa for Student Residence Permit Application- foreigners who come to the
    country to obtain a student residence permit may be granted a 60-day visa upon
    submission of a student registration or pre-registration certificate.
  • Visa for Judicial and Administrative purposes- those who come to the country
    upon the request or decisions of judicial or administrative authorities may be granted
    a valid visa for the term of their duty.
  • Visa for Scientific Research- those who come to the country for scientific research
    purposes may be granted a valid visa for the duration of the research.
  • Visa for Graduates from Universities in the Country- students who have studied
    and graduated from any of the two-year higher education programs or have studied
    at least 3 years in any of the four-year higher education programs in the TRNC can
    be granted a visa valid for 30 days.


Should you want to enjoy your property in any time of the year, the easiest way is to obtain short term residency permit for one year which is renewable every year.

If you own an immovable property in the TRNC, it’s a simple, mostly digital process that our inhouse law team assists you with.

Our next blog post will cover this topic. Subscribe to our newsletter for updates on blog posts.

If you need any further explanation and or clarification on the above you can always email to us at or to our inhouse legal team at

Finally, as always it is a privilege to live in Northern Cyprus and we are continuing to release content that will be relevant to help everyone on the other side. As well as on  you will find out on Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin.

You can also attend to one of our  Live Webinars to have more info as to the current situation and current beneficial property offers in Northern Cyprus including legal and tax advice prepared by our professionals in our team. Please email to for requesting the invitation.

Join The Discussion

Compare listings